See stunning pictures from fireworks display at Christchuch Park , Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The skies above Ipswich lit up this evening with one of Suffolk’s biggest firework displays, attended by thousands of spectators.
Alchemy Fireworks’ musical extravaganza got underway at 8pm for the 46th annual celebration at Christchurch Park.
Gates opened two hours earlier so that crowds could soak up the atmosphere and enjoy attractions including a fun fair as well as food and drink.
Entertainment was scheduled to include performances from Soul Riot, Chelsea Francis, Funky Voices and The Emma Dodd School of Performing Arts.
New attraction, the Big Heads parade also attended as well as the fire juggling act Tri Fie R.
Organised by the 11th Ipswich Scouts, the annual fireworks raised funds to support activities for hundreds of young people each year.
Wet weather earlier today cleared up in time for the celebrations to begin.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
Displays have been held across the region this evening, with more scheduled to take place tomorrow, which is the official Guy Fawkes Night.