Suffolk stars Souparnika Nair and Jon Courtenay in BGT Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Britain’s Got Talent: Christmas Spectacular
Suffolk Britain's Got Talent fans are in for a double treat, with semi-finalist Souparnika Nair and winner Jon Courtenay both appearing in tonight's Christmas Spectacular.
The show goes out at 8pm on ITV. Souparnika, known as Sou, from Bury St Emunds, said: "I really enjoyed being on the BGT stage again.
"I feel so lucky to be a part of the first ever BGT Christmas show , being able to share the stage with amazing stars from previous years. I feel so excited!”
The youngster, who has just celebrated her 11th birthday, is one of a supergroup choir performing the song Somewhere Only We Know with Hungarian shadow theatre group Attraction, the 2013 winners.
Sou wowed the judges with her singing power in the semi-finals of this year's BGT, but just missed out on a place in the final.
Jon Courtenay, who was born in Ipswich and attended the Royal Hospital School in Holbrook, was the first-ever Golden Buzzer winner to win the series.
You may also want to watch:
He was recently seen in the Royal Variety Performance, with the coveted spot being part of his prize, along with £250,000. Jon has described his BGT experience as " ‘the ride of a lifetime".
He is now looking forward to taking his one-man show on tour and will be appearing at Ipswich Corn Exchange on September 19, 2021.
Judges Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and Ashley Banjo, who stood in for Simon Cowell during the 2020 series, will all feature in tonight's Spectacular.
- 1 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 2 'Evil' sex offender jailed for another 'heinous' crime
- 3 Hundreds of new homes approved for rural village
- 4 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 5 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 6 A14 resurfacing works causing traffic chaos on edge of Ipswich
- 7 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site
- 8 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 9 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved