Suffolk: Paul Weller to play Thetford Forest
Paul Weller is the first act to sign up for the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live 2013 concerts.
Few acts have enjoyed the kind of success and influence over four decades like the so-called Modfather.
He’s had six era-defining albums with The Jam, five with The Style Council and 11 solo successes including latest number one release Sonik Kicks, the follow-up to 2010’s Mercury Music Prize nominated Wake Up The Nation.
“It will be good for me to be back in the woods,” said the ever changing man, who previously performed to capacity crowds in 2004 and 2009. “I really enjoy the unique atmosphere of these gigs as do the fans.”
Weller plus special guests will perform at Thetford Forest, near Brandon, on July 12 next year.
Tickets go on sale 9am this Friday from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission, with income from the concerts spent on improving the woodland for people and wildlife.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich