Swanfest promises weekend of music for all ages
- Credit: Archant
Swanfest returns this weekend, with 28 acts and 10 DJs down to perform all kinds of music.
The free event has been hosted by The Swan, King Street, Ipswich, for nearly a decade.
Running July 29-31, Sunday night headliners Dingus Khan are festival veterans and have just returned from their third appearance at Latitude. Lead singer Benjamin Brown also fronts Friday night’s headliners SuperGlu, who have performed twice at the Henham Park festival.
JS and the Lockerbillies played this year’s Glastonbury Festival, while Ichi has also performed at Latitude.
This year the Swan has asked local label Antigen Records to curate Sunday’s line-up.
You may also want to watch:
It promises a family-friendly afternoon of eclectic, international entertainment from 1pm featuring musicians from Japan, Spain and Wickham Market. It will be followed by an evening of offbeat indie rock and electronica from the outer limits of East Anglia.
Antigen has also selected 16 artists from Swanfest for a compilation CD, which will be given out free to audience members during the festival. Bands featured are Ichi, SuperGlu, Cathedrals and Cars, Animal Noise, PollyPreacher, Sef, Lebrique, The Thinking Men, JS and the Lockerbillies, Jack Rundell, Claws, Rad Pitt, Fishclaw, Tropic of Xhao, John Callaghan and Dingus Khan.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Swanfest starts at 6pm Friday and 1pm Saturday and Sunday. All ages shows run from 1pm-7pm.