The Libertines in Ipswich?
- Credit: Archant
Rumour has it that The Libertines are performing in Ipswich this summer, date and location yet to be revealed.
They are one of the biggest British bands to hit the scene in the last 20 years and, in the words of NME, “the greatest rock ‘n’ roll story of our generation”.
The event is being brought to Suffolk by Mansion on the Moon, a new festival that promises to bring some of the top headliners on the British music scene to Ipswich while also supporting local bands and talents.
Aside from Elton John at Portman Road last year, the last major music event in the town was East Coast Live and McBusted at Chantry Park back in 2014.
The news of the Mansion on the Moon event follows hot on the heels of the announcement that Alexander O’Neal, The Sugarhill Gang, You Me At Six and Circa Waves would be playing IP1 Live at Ipswich Town’s football ground on July 6-7.
What to you think of the Libertines coming to Ipswich?
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 3 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 8 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main