Cinderella shall go to the ball vows Felixstowe panto company
Despite current lockdown storm clouds gathering on the immediate horizon, the Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe, and Suzie Lowe from the Dennis Lowe Theatre Company are promising that the ‘show will go on’ if at all possible, this Christmas.
The Spa Pavilion is the only theatre in Suffolk staging a live ‘in-theatre’ panto this Christmas and director and co-writer Suzie Lowe is keeping her fingers crossed that the second lockdown will lift as promised on December 2, which will allow Cinderella to go to the ball as promised.
For the time being both the Spa and the theatre company are hoping and praying that the month-long lockdown will halt the spread of infections allowing some semblance of normality for Christmas, which includes the re-opening of the theatres.
Suzie Lowe said: “We will move rehearsals to online. We have done a lot already. And depending on news in December we will then make a decision. The show will be ready either way. If government allow us to go back to Tier 1 rules after this lockdown then we have two weeks of intense rehearsal time to get it done.”
She said that once rehearsals move off line, the cast will form support bubbles to allow them to rehearse together.
Sophie Kennelly, Box Office Manager at the Spa Pavilion, said that they were keeping a close eye on government advice. “We will, of course, be publishing a statement shortly about the impending lockdown, and what it means for The Spa Pavilion.
“We can only hope that the lockdown will be lifted on December 2nd, as originally stated. The Theatres Trust have asked the government for ‘Urgent clarification on Christmas shows’ so we’ll see what happens, and plan accordingly.”
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 6 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 7 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 8 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
The Dennis Lowe Theatre Company pantos are an institution in Felixstowe with their traditional storytelling, well-loved songs and slapstick fun.
“Everyone on stage - both cast and crew - will be temperature-checked before every performance, there are safety screens around the box office, the theatre is going to be extensively cleaned between every performance and the new box office will ensure social distancing in the theatre when you book your tickets.”
It is hoped that Cinderella will run at the Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe, from December 19, 2020 to January 3, 2021.