Cinderella shall go to the ball vows Felixstowe panto company
Despite current lockdown storm clouds gathering on the immediate horizon, the Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe, and Suzie Lowe from the Dennis Lowe Theatre Company are promising that the ‘show will go on’ if at all possible, this Christmas.
The Spa Pavilion is the only theatre in Suffolk staging a live ‘in-theatre’ panto this Christmas and director and co-writer Suzie Lowe is keeping her fingers crossed that the second lockdown will lift as promised on December 2, which will allow Cinderella to go to the ball as promised.
For the time being both the Spa and the theatre company are hoping and praying that the month-long lockdown will halt the spread of infections allowing some semblance of normality for Christmas, which includes the re-opening of the theatres.
Suzie Lowe said: “We will move rehearsals to online. We have done a lot already. And depending on news in December we will then make a decision. The show will be ready either way. If government allow us to go back to Tier 1 rules after this lockdown then we have two weeks of intense rehearsal time to get it done.”
She said that once rehearsals move off line, the cast will form support bubbles to allow them to rehearse together.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Kennelly, Box Office Manager at the Spa Pavilion, said that they were keeping a close eye on government advice. “We will, of course, be publishing a statement shortly about the impending lockdown, and what it means for The Spa Pavilion.
“We can only hope that the lockdown will be lifted on December 2nd, as originally stated. The Theatres Trust have asked the government for ‘Urgent clarification on Christmas shows’ so we’ll see what happens, and plan accordingly.”
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
The Dennis Lowe Theatre Company pantos are an institution in Felixstowe with their traditional storytelling, well-loved songs and slapstick fun.
“Everyone on stage - both cast and crew - will be temperature-checked before every performance, there are safety screens around the box office, the theatre is going to be extensively cleaned between every performance and the new box office will ensure social distancing in the theatre when you book your tickets.”
It is hoped that Cinderella will run at the Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe, from December 19, 2020 to January 3, 2021.