Tim Minchin announces Ipswich date for 2019 tour
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Latitude favourite Tim Minchin will return to the county for his upcoming 2019 tour.
The comedian is set to perform at 16 venues across the UK, kicking off with the Ipswich Regent on Tuesday October 15.
Minchin, who is originally from Australia, is best known for his musical comedy and has released six albums.
Minchin’s unique style sees him incorporate piano playing and witty lyrics into his stand-up routines.
He has a background in theatre and is the composer and lyricist of the Olivier and Tony award-winning Matilda the Musical based on the book by Roald Dahl.
He also starred as Judas in the recent rival of Jesus Christ Superstar! and his new musical Groundhog Day has recently transferred from the West End to Broadway.
READ MORE: The Best of Wham! set to bring the sound of the 80s to the Ipswich RegentOther dates include the London Eventim Apollo on November 12 and Southend Pavilion Cliffs on November 30.
The new Back tour will be a mix of old and new songs and tickets go on sale on Thursday September 6 at 10am.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 4 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Cladding replacement work on Ipswich Waterfront flats delayed until new year