Travis play The Man Who in full at Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Archant
Travis will play their classic album The Man Who in full at the Ipswich Regent.
Released 19 years ago, it spawned the singles Writing To Reach You, Driftwood, Turn and the unforgettable Why Does It Always Rain On Me which won Ivor Novello Awards for best songwriter and best contemporary Song.
Spending 11 weeks at number one and selling nearly 3million copies, it was the biggest selling UK album in 2000.
It also earned them BRIT Awards for best British band and best British album.
The band’s Fran Healy said: “Songs are like emotional bookmarks in time. When you hear a song you are transported to those times and feel strong echoes of the feelings you felt.
“Rarely does an album have this ability so performing The Man Who once again will be a joy.”
Travis, who have enjoyed two number one LPs, five top 10 singles and sold more than 8million records, visit the Ipswich Regent June 21.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas