Boxer Tyson Fury to visit Ipswich
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury is set to meet fans on a visit to Ipswich.
Ipswich Corn Exchange will host the special evening with the star on Sunday, February 23 next year, where he will meet fans, pose for photographs and share stories from his remarkable career.
After 30 months out of the ring, Fury made his comeback this summer when his opponent Sefer Seferi pulled out in the fourth round.
Speaking of the event, Mr Fury said: “I cannot wait to meet all of my fans from Ipswich and East Anglia it’s going to be a great night and I’m looking forward to telling everyone my story.”
Born in Manchester into an Irish traveller family, Fury became the undisputed champion of the world in 2015 after dethroning the then King of the Ring Wladimir Klitschko.
You may also want to watch:
He made his long-awaited comeback earlier this year when he fought for the first time since 2015 after having nearly three years out due to personal issues.
A spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council said: “This will be an unforgettable evening in the company of one of the best known names in the sport. Tyson Fury is entertaining in and out of the ring and has a great story to tell. Come and share it all with the man who comes to Ipswich after his sensational and controversial fight with Deontay Wilder.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 10 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
The professional boxer will spend the evening in February talking about his rollercoaster career and how he plans to show the boxing world that he is still one of the best around.
VIP tickets which will include a professional photograph alongside Fury to be taken home, an exclusive signed glove by Tyson himself and an event ticket are already sold out – but there are still more options available.
For £63, fans can get a professional photograph alongside Fury and an event ticket.
Alternatively an event ticket alone costs £33.
Tickets are available here.