UB40 reveal Ipswich Regent gig
LEGENDARY pop group UB40 are to play a gig at the Ipswich Regent later this year, we can reveal today.
The group, famous for tunes including Red Red Wine and One in Ten, will take to the stage in the town on Thursday, November 18.
The concert comes as they celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of their first album Signing Off with a national tour.
Saxophonist Brian Travers said, “2010 marks UB40’s 30th anniversary, three decades since we started this incredible journey.
“We had to ask ourselves “How can we celebrate? How can we say thanks to the fans for their unconditional support?”
“We decided to go back to where we started, downtown to the heart of the cities and the venues where we played our first gigs, then perform our first album ‘Signing Off’ in its entirety, something we have never done before.
“Of course, there will also be some surprises, but we’ll save them for the night.”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- Tickets go on sale from Friday 16th July 2010.