Video: Framlingham’s Ed Sheeran considers taking one year holiday after winning Ivor Novello Award
- Credit: PA
Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran said he is considering taking a year off after he was named songwriter of the year at the Ivor Novello Awards.
The ceremony at Grosvenor House on London’s Park Lane yesterday marked the 60th anniversary of the songwriting and composing honours and saw a glittering list of stars from the music world rewarded for their efforts.
Sheeran, 24, who grew up in Framlingham, has already picked up a string of awards over the last year, including two Brits, as well as setting several records including becoming the most streamed British artist on Spotify.
But he revealed that after his whirlwind year of success he is planning to take some time off.
He said: “I’d like to live for a bit. I feel like I live in a bubble at the moment where everything normal happens outside and everything Hollywood happens inside.
You may also want to watch:
“And I’d like to get on the outside for at least a year I think.”
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?