Video: New Wolsey Young Company wants you
- Credit: Archant
The New Wolsey Young Company stages its first ever musical, Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, next spring and needs performers.
There are up to 20 roles available for 16–25 year olds spread across the principal cast and chorus. The company is also looking for people who can play an instrument to performance standard to play as a part of their role.
There won’t be a dance call as a part of the audition, but you should wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for movement and bring water. Audition sessions begin with a group workshop, followed a panel audition with the director and musical director. Auditions are 2pm-6pm, December 12-13, at Ipswich’s High Street Exhibition Gallery. If you can’t attend either date an additional session may be possible. Those interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the creative learning team on 01473 295930.
The production will celebrate 15 years of the New Wolsey Theatre and be staged at the New Wolsey Studio for 12 performances in April. Sunday rehearsals start in mid-January.
Previous New Wolsey Young Company shows include Four Knights In Knaresborough, The Elephant Man and Turn Of The Screw.
You may also want to watch:
The New Wolsey’s rock ‘n’ roll pantomime The Sword in the Stone starts tonight. Watch Peter Hazelwood’s get-in day one video here.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 10 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash