Violinist Nigel Kennedy to play Ipswich Regent
Virtuoso violinist Nigel Kennedy is coming to the Ipswich Regent next year.
He will perform his new interpretation of Vivaldi’s Fours Seasons as well as his new work, the Four Elements.
The Aston Villa supporter was originally scheduled to tour the UK this September.
However, recording commitments following his new exclusive contract with Sony has seen it pushed back to January.
For more than a quarter of a century his technique and talent, as well as his humour and rock star attitude, have seen him become one of the most successful classical performers of his time.
His recording of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons which won him a new army of fans, reaching the top five of the UK pop charts and earning him a place in the Guinness Book of Records as one of the biggest selling classical records of all time.
Joining him at the Regent on Tuesday, January 10, will be the Orchestra of Life and the Nigel Kennedy Band.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 4 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 5 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 6 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 7 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
Tickets go on sale from 9am this Friday.