Violinist Nigel Kennedy to play Ipswich Regent
Virtuoso violinist Nigel Kennedy is coming to the Ipswich Regent next year.
He will perform his new interpretation of Vivaldi’s Fours Seasons as well as his new work, the Four Elements.
The Aston Villa supporter was originally scheduled to tour the UK this September.
However, recording commitments following his new exclusive contract with Sony has seen it pushed back to January.
For more than a quarter of a century his technique and talent, as well as his humour and rock star attitude, have seen him become one of the most successful classical performers of his time.
You may also want to watch:
His recording of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons which won him a new army of fans, reaching the top five of the UK pop charts and earning him a place in the Guinness Book of Records as one of the biggest selling classical records of all time.
Joining him at the Regent on Tuesday, January 10, will be the Orchestra of Life and the Nigel Kennedy Band.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 7 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
Tickets go on sale from 9am this Friday.