Look out for Felixstowe on Sky TV show tonight
- Credit: Jim Horsfield
A popular Sky TV show which filmed its semi final along the picturesque Suffolk coast is being aired tonight.
Talented artists competed against each other in the Sky Arts series Landscape Artist of the year back in July when 100 crew members and eight semi-finalists spent the day at Landguard Point looking out towards Felixstowe Docks.
The popular show has become the channel’s second biggest show for viewing figures, and it follows on from the success of Sky Arts’ Portrait Artist of the Year.
Karen Everett, director of Screen Suffolk which helped Sky find the perfect location, said: “The beach looked incredible with the specifically designed pods erected for the eight artists, who painted inside them for four hours. We can’t wait to see the landscape views painted of Felixstowe Port.
“The pods were positioned on the beach looking toward Felixstowe’s container port. Three finalists were selected from the semi-final, who will go on to the final.
You may also want to watch:
“The programme makers made a very kind donation to Landguard Fort as well – by way of an extra thanks. We’re really impressed and grateful for that.”
You can watch the show tonight at 8pm on the Sky Arts channel.
Read the full story from July here: Top Sky TV show shoots on Felixstowe beach – see which one here
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal