Living statues and magician bringing free family entertainment to Cornhill
- Credit: Warble Entertainment
Did that statue move? Living statues are coming to the Cornhill in Ipswich on Saturday, in the town centre’s latest free fun event for families.
Queen Victoria, Sherlock Holmes and King Arthur are among the characters who will feature in the event.
Visitors will also be able to marvel at the tricks of Stephen the Magician between 11am and 2pm on February 8.
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said: "This is the latest in the series of Cornhill events designed to attract more people into the town centre and to provide a focus of fun for all the family."
Warble Entertainment, who are experts in living statues, describe them as "unbelievably realistic", and say people have often been taken in and convinced they are statues... until they move.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen the Magician has doubled for famous actors in TV and film productions and worked with David Beckham on Sky TV .
The regular farmers' market was staged at the Cornhill last weekend, and more events are planned there over the year, including events to mark the 75th anniversaries of VE Day and VJ Day.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads