Weather: Pack your wellies for Latitude Festival 2012
FESTIVAL-GOERS have been warned to pack their wellies and anoraks when they head for Latitude this week.
The festival, at Henham Park, near Southwold, opens its campsites to the public on Thursday afternoon before the three-day affair gets into the swing on Friday.
But after a wash-out of a weekend and more rain predicted over the coming days, conditions could become challenging across the site as thousands arrive to enjoy the likes of Elbow, Lana Del Rey and Paul Weller.
Expert Chris Bell from forecasters Weatherquest said a weather front would be coming in later this week that would lead to more unsettled conditions, with heavy showers a possibility on Thursday and Friday.
He said: “The story for the days ahead is that the unsettled theme of the summer is going to continue into the weekend.”
The latest travel advice is also available on the Latitude website, www.latitudefestival.co.uk, as well as all other information about the festival.
The final additions have been made to the Latitude line-up, including BBC Radio 2 DJ Dermot O’Leary.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
For news on Latitude 2012 see our Latitude coverage under the entertainment header.