Stars of West End head to Portman Road for ABBA concert this summer
- Credit: PA
ABBA fans will be saying “Thank you for the Music” later this summer when Portman Road plays host to a huge outdoor celebration of the band’s timeless hits featuring West End stars.
This will be a full concert staging of the Swedish Super Troopers classic chart toppers from the 1970s and 80s.
Although, contracts with indivdual performers have yet to be finalised, promoters are promising stars from London's West End, including cast members from the smash hit musical Mamma Mia!, will be coming together to perform a dazzling concert of ABBA's sensational music.
Backed by a fabulous West End band, led by Mamma Mia's former touring musical director Richard Weeden, this one-night concert spectacular will feature an array of ABBA's hits that shot the band to superstardom in the 1970s and early 80s and has kept their music playing ever since.
Expect to hear Waterloo; The Winner Takes it All; Money, Money, Money; Thank You for the Music; Mamma Mia; SOS; Dancing Queen - it will be hit after hit and memory after memory as the years roll away.
"Everyone enjoys hearing ABBA hits. Everyone's got their favourite," said Ipswich Town director of sales, Rosie Richardson.
"It should be a great night of music and is sure to be a popular event, with hospitality options available as well."
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 8 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 9 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
Event Director, Malcolm Spencer, said: "We can't wait to bring this show to Portman Road. If the singing, dancing and atmosphere is anything like that of the previous stadium tour in 2018, we're going to be in for a brilliant night!"
The stage will be located on the pitch with seats in the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand lower and upper tiers.
Tickets are priced at £24, £28 and £30. A £2.50 booking fee applies per transaction.
An Evening of ABBA will be live at Portman Road, Ipswich, on Friday, June 5. Tickets and book information can be found here