Update: Man, 43, arrested after car crashes near Coes in Norwich Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of driving while unfit through drugs after a car crashed into a café and shop in Norwich Road, Ipswich.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to O Portugues café and Just a Day Bridalwear around 10am today.
On arrival they found a Mitsubishi Shogun, which was towing a boat on a trailer, had crashed into the shop fronts.
A police spokesman said the crash caused minor damage to the front of the café.
Sergeant Alistair Livingstone, speaking at the scene, said: “A 4X4 car towing a boat is thought to have gone across both lanes colliding with Just a Day before coming to a stop outside the café. It hit the Just a Day windows and the door frame of the café, but it looks to be fairly minor damage.”
You may also want to watch:
Paramedic Liam Smith, with the East of England Ambulance Service, said the driver did not appear to have any obvious injuries but was taken to hospital as a precaution.
A 43-year-old man from Stowmarket was arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, where he has been bailed to return on August 16.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 8 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores