Can you spot yourself in our cross country running gallery?
- Credit: Archant
Do you remember trekking through muddy fields on cross country runs?
Today we're looking back at the sport in the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
Cross country has been a key part of games lessons for decades, helping students keep fit and get lots of fresh air.
But, while some youngsters love to get out of the classroom and into the open air, others may not be quite so keen on running, especially in the cold and wet.
Our gallery features photos of school events as well as Suffolk schools cross country races, where the best young runners in the county battled it out.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, adults also take part in the sport, and our gallery features an Essex police cross country run.
- 1 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 2 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 4 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 5 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 6 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 7 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 8 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 9 'Striking' Ipswich town centre office block on sale for £3million
- 10 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff