Gone fishing - are you in our photos from 1960s-1980s?
- Credit: Archant
Fishing has often been described as one of Britain's most popular sports. Have you taken part over the years?
Suffolk has a huge range of places where anglers can enjoy their sport, from rivers and lakes to sea angling.
Our latest Days Gone By gallery features both children and adults trying to hook a big fish.
And there are also memories of anglers' prize-givings and awards nights.
While most of the photos here are to do with angling, there's also an intriguing photo of large fishing nets being mended on Aldeburgh beach.
You may also want to watch:
The most surprising thing about this picture is that famous entertainer Danny La Rue is one of those mending the nets. Do you remember this or know why he was there?
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 4 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 Town centre delays following accident
- 7 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 8 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 9 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced