Did we catch you at the Golden Lion in the early 2000s?
- Credit: Archant
Did you meet up with friends for nights out at the Golden Lion in Ipswich in the early 2000s?
If so, you might spot some familiar faces in our latest nostalgia gallery.
These photos were taken in the landmark hotel's bar between 2002 and 2003, when our photographer went along to meet customers for the Evening Star's Caught Out feature.
JD Wetherspoon ran the popular pub from 1998 until 2016, when it closed down.
The Grade II-listed hotel building is thought to date from the 1700s.
Before that, a pub known as the White Lion stood on the same site, dating back to at least the early 1570s.
You may also want to watch:
The pub had a back bar known as the Lion Hotel Vaults, or the Vaults for short, from the early 1860s right through to the early 1960s.
To order copies of photos, visit our website or contact Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 4 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 Town centre delays following accident
- 7 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 8 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 9 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced