Were you among those celebrating when Ipswich Town won UEFA Cup?
- Credit: Archant
It was 40 years ago today! What are your memories of when Ipswich Town made history by winning the UEFA Cup?
Did you travel to the Netherlands to watch the second leg of the final against AZ 67 Alkmaar, where the Blues came away with the coveted trophy?
Our photo gallery shows excited fans celebrating in Ipswich after ITFC brought the Cup home.
Some climbed on to roofs and even up a lamppost to ensure they got a good view of the team and the trophy.
However, there was also a chance to see the Cup at other occasions around the area.
You may also want to watch:
It went on show at Framlingham Gala later in May, and youngsters also got a chance to hold it at Westbourne School in Ipswich.
If you would like to share your memories of the UEFA Cup win, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August