Did you take part in Sea Cadets activities over the years?
- Credit: Archant
Were you a member of the Sea Cadets over the years?
Today we are looking back at various events in Suffolk and north Essex involving the popular youth organisation.
Thousands of teenagers across the country are involved with Sea Cadets, which aims to help young people learn through activities both on and off the water.
Our gallery shows Sea Cadets getting out on the water, as well as taking part in parades and inspections.
The organisation was originally formed in 1856, as the Naval Lads' Brigade, which helped orphans of the Crimean War living in the streets of sea ports.
Sea Cadets quickly grew and expanded, and today has 15,000 members aged from 10 to 18, both boys and girls. Events are currently being held virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 5 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 6 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Ipswich has lowest Covid-19 rate in England, new figures show
- 9 Ipswich man charged with GBH following alleged stabbing
- 10 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager