Were you taught by Sir Bobby Charlton or Trevor Whymark at soccer schools?
- Credit: Archant
Did you take part in soccer schools in Ipswich and around Suffolk in the 1970s and 1980s?
With football having captured the public imagination due to England's inspiring run during the Euros, today we are looking back at some football events in the area.
The photos featured here include a session at Thurleston High School in Ipswich led by Sir Bobby Charlton in 1985.
The England legend, who played an essential role in the winning World Cup team of 1966, brought his Bobby Charlton Soccer School to Ipswich.
He led the event himself, working with dozens of youngsters on the playing field at the school, which is now Ormiston Endeavour Academy.
Also featured in our gallery are soccer schools led by Ipswich Town stars Trevor Whymark and Mick McNeil, who both also appeared for England.
If you would like to order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 7 A12 closed near Ipswich following serious collision
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 10 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich