So much talent! Did you take part in these contests from 1980s to 2000s?
- Credit: Phil Morley/Archant
Have you ever taken the stage at a talent show in Suffolk?
Long before the current crop of TV shows like The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, many budding stars were busy taking part in homegrown contests.
Schools have often staged their own talent shows, while other events have been held in village halls, clubs and other venues.
Our latest Days Gone By gallery features some of these events from the 1980s right through to the 2000s.
They include a Battle of the Bands at Bacton Middle School and a talent show at Kingsfleet Primary School in Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
Are you or a friend or family member among the young musicians, singers, comedians and dancers in these photos?
If you have memories of talent contests, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 2 The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- 3 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 4 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 5 Bargain hunters queue through town for Debenhams sale
- 6 'Amazing response' as pictures of post box toppers reach America
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Care home disappointed after 'significant concerns' spark inadequate rating
- 10 12 places to eat and drink under a tipi in Suffolk and north Essex