Huge family home described as a 'real Suffolk gem' up for sale for £1.1m
- Credit: Fine & Country
A five-bedroom period home dating back to the mid-16th century has come up for sale in Sproughton, near Ipswich, for £1.1m.
The Old Lodge is for sale with Fine & Country who describe it as a "real Suffolk gem." It is of a partial timber frame construction, with later additions from the 18th and 19th centuries. More recently, it has been sympathetically refurbished to offer good-sized rooms and flexible family accommodation, extending to around 3,000 sq ft.
Surprisingly the building is not listed, despite its age and wealth of original features, which include a bread oven, oak timbers, feature fireplaces and large sash windows.
Highlights include the large kitchen/breakfast room, which is heavily timbered and considered the heart of the house, as well as the drawing and sitting rooms, which each have feature fireplaces.
There is also a separate utility room, study and garden room.
Upstairs the master bedroom has an en suite shower room and the remaining four bedrooms are accessed off the central landing, which also has a second staircase leading up from the garden room.
The family bathroom, also on this floor, is well-fitted, with a large jacuzzi-style bath, large double shower and twin wash basins.
- 1 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 4 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Postcode guide: What is it like to live in IP4?
- 7 Heatwave possible as temperatures expected to soar
- 8 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
- 10 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
Outside, The Old Lodge occupies a plot of around a third of an acre and has a shingle area to the front which provides parking for up to eight vehicles.
There is a large patio at the rear and the rest of the gardens are mainly laid to lawn, with mature flower and shrub borders, a vegetable garden and well-stocked flower borders with plenty of pathways. There are also two pergolas, two timber sheds and pleasant views towards the River Gipping.
For more information, contact Fine & Country.
Church Lane, Sproughton
Guide price: £1,100,000
Fine & Country, 01473 289700
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our East Anglian Daily Times newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.