11 parks across Suffolk win Green Flag award
- Credit: East Suffolk Council
A number of Suffolk parks and nature reserves have been awarded a Green Flag award.
Alton Water, the Abbey Gardens and Felixstowe Seafront Gardens are among the 11 parks and green spaces in Suffolk to have been recognised by the awards.
The awards which is run by the environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy unveiled the 2,127 winning parks across the UK with 11 of those being in Suffolk.
The Green Flag Awards have been running since 1996, and recognise the "hard work of managers, staff and volunteers" who manage green spaces.
The 11 parks awarded the Green Flag award are:
You may also want to watch:
- Bourne Park
- Christchurch Park
- Felixstowe Seafront Gardens
- Alton Water
- Holywells Park
- Aspal Close
- Brandon Country Park
- East Town Park
- Nowton Park
- Abbey Gardens
- West Stow Country Park and Anglo Saxon Village
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall