A teenager who died after a stabbing in Ipswich town centre has been named as Raymond James Quigley today by police. 

The 18-year-old from Norfolk died after being stabbed in Westgate Street on Tuesday

Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to town centre at about 3.35pm

A huge police cordon was put in place with most of Westgate Street blocked off to the public as armed police were called to the incident. 

A helicopter from the National Police Air Service was deployed to search for two suspects that fled from the scene

Ipswich Star: A police scene was in place in Westgate Street in IpswichA police scene was in place in Westgate Street in Ipswich (Image: Charlotte Bond, Newsquest)

One suspect headed towards Providence Street and the other suspect was seen to be heading towards the Cornhill.

The large cordon that was in place was reduced on Wednesday. 

A number of floral tributes have been left in the town centre.

One message to James said: "We all love you. We will meet again some day bro."

Candles have also been lit in memory of the teenager. 

The incident came just over a week after 16-year-old Harley Barfield died following a knife attack in Haverhill, west Suffolk.

Speaking after the attack in Ipswich Detective Chief Inspector Matthew Connick said: "This was a brazen attack in the town centre which will have caused great distress to anyone who witnessed it. Whilst enquiries are at an early stage, we believe this to be a targeted attack."

Ipswich Star: Forensics in place in Westgate Street in Ipswich after a fatal stabbingForensics in place in Westgate Street in Ipswich after a fatal stabbing (Image: Charlotte Bond)

Leader of Ipswich Borough Council David Ellesmere called for an increased police presence in the town centre

"We must work with our colleagues in the police and the County Council to ensure we maintain a visible police presence," he said.

"This is essential for providing reassurance and ensuring everyone is safe."

A Section 60 order, which grants officers additional stop and search powers, was put in place in place on Tuesday afternoon

This has since been extended twice and remains in place until 5pm on Friday