Two teenagers jailed for murder and two men who assaulted a man in an unprovoked street attack were among those jailed in Suffolk this week. 

Ipswich Star: Alfie Hammet (left) and Joshua Howell (right)Alfie Hammet (left) and Joshua Howell (right) (Image: Suffolk Constabulary)

Alfie Hammett and Joshua Howell

Raymond James Quigley was stabbed to death in broad daylight in a killing allegedly motivated by a "deep-rooted rivalry".

Alfie Hammet, 19, and Joshua Howell, 19, confronted Mr Quigley in Westgate Street in Ipswich on the afternoon of January 17 last year. 

Prosecutor Andrew Jackson told the court Hammet attacked Mr Quigley while Howell wielded a machete to prevent anyone from intervening. 

The victim managed to stagger across the road to get help and collapsed in a nearby shop but, despite the efforts of paramedics and members of the public providing first aid, he died at the scene.

Hammet and Howell were arrested four days after the stabbing and charged two days later.

Both denied murder and possession of a weapon but were found guilty of all charges on January 26.

Hammett, of Larkhill Rise in Rushmere St Andrew, was sentenced to a minimum of 24 years. 

Howell, of Wellington Street in Ipswich, was given a minimum sentence of 20 years.

READ MORE: 'The only question I have is why?' – Murdered teen's mum tells of 'devastation'

Ipswich Star: Noel Clarke (left) and Ali Todd (right)Noel Clarke (left) and Ali Todd (right) (Image: Suffolk police)

Noel Clarke and Ali Todd

Described as "a clearly unprovoked attack", Noel Clarke and Ali Todd were sentenced for assaulting a man in St Helen's Street on September 22 last year. 

Clarke, 54 and of Bond Street, admitted a charge of causing grievous bodily harm with intent. 

He was sentenced to four years and six months in prison at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday, March 8. 

At an earlier hearing on Todd, 33 and of Lower Brook Street, admitted to a charge of actual bodily harm. 

He was sentenced to 21 months in prison on Wednesday, January 24. 

Pc Zoe Taylor, who lead the investigation, said: "We welcome the jail terms handed out to Clarke and Todd for what was a clearly unprovoked attack on a man in an Ipswich street."