800 fake Beats Solo 3 headphones seized at Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Eight hundred fake headphones worth a combined £200,000 have been seized at the Port of Felixstowe.
The counterfeit Beats Solo 3 headphones had been placed in unbranded slip cases to avoid detection. But they were spotted by Border Force officials.
The news comes amid warnings to shoppers over buying fake goods this Christmas.
A spokesman said: “Underneath each slip case was a retail box fully printed with the Beats Solo 3 logos. The headphones inside the boxes were also branded as Beats Solo 3.”
The fake headphones were seized last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Imitation Calvin Klein and Superdry clothes are among thousands of other fake items seized by Border Force around the UK in recent days.
Immigration Minister Brandon Lewis said: “We are determined to crack down on this criminality have Border Force officers working 24 hours a day.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast