87-year-old duped by conmen in Ipswich
CONMEN today duped their way into the home of an 87-year-old in Ipswich and stole a quantity of cash.In another incident today, a man tried unsuccessfully to gain entry to a house in Stowmarket.
CONMEN today duped their way into the home of an 87-year-old in Ipswich and stole a quantity of cash.
In a seperate incident yesterday, a man tried unsuccessfully to gain entry to a house in Stowmarket.
At just before 1.15pm, two men called at a property in Swinburne Road, Ipswich, claiming there had been an explosion in the area and they needed to check the water supply.
The elderly resident allowed the men into their home and later noticed a bag containing money had been taken.
Earlier at 11.50am, a man dressed in official looking clothing knocked at a door in Edgar Avenue in Stowmarket and asked the woman if she could move her car from the road as he was having difficulty in getting his van through.
The woman noticed there was no blockage in the road and refused his request.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 5 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 6 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 10 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
The man is described as white, about 30-years-old, clean-shaven and with short black hair. He was wearing a navy raincoat and smart trousers.
Police would like to warn people that if they are in any doubt as to the credibility of callers to keep them out.
Anyone who has any information relating to either of these two incidents is asked to contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.