A comic twist on nostalgic pictures for Red Nose Day
- Credit: Archant
It’s Red Nose Day and to celebrate eere are some, perhaps slightly edited, nostalgic pictures to kick-start our coverage.
The Comic Relief charity was initially set up to raise money for poverty stricken African nations and has come a long way since 1985 - with hundreds of projects in the UK now also receiving support, including several in Suffolk and north Essex.
Across the East of England, Comic Relief is funding 187 projects with grants totalling £3,962,665 – with 169 of those having been awarded funds since the last Red Nose Day in 2016.
Over £1billion has also been raised to help fund aid in Africa, and we’re sure you’re doing your part today.
The people of Ipswich have always put their all into fundraising for the cause, whether its volunteering in a call centre to process donations or by embarking on sponsored events or cake sales throughout the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
So in the spirit of doing something funny for a good cause, we dug out some nostalgic pictures from our archives and had a bit of fun with them. Do you recognise anyone?
The Comic Relief 2017 programme will be broadcast at 7pm tonight on BBC One.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers