A12 northbound near Copdock reopens after four-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays on the A12 heading into Ipswich this evening after four vehicles were involved in a crash.
A BMW 318, Peugeot panel van, Toyota Auris and a Volkswagen Polo were involved in a collision on the dual carriageway northbound around a mile from Copdock at 4.50pm, police said.
The inside lane between junction 32b (Belstead) and junction 33 (Copdock Interchange) was blocked for around an hour-and-a-half before the road had fully reopened at 6.25pm.
There were no serious injuries. Four fire engines were called and crews rescued a man who was trapped in one of the vehicles.
The man suffered a stomach injury and was treated by paramedics at the scene, but did not need to be taken to hospital, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Vehicles were able to pass the scene of the crash on the outside lane, despite a large amount of debris.
The BMW and Volkswagen were recovered. There were no arrests.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison