Man sustains cut and swollen jaw in road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
A man has sustained injuries and another was arrested following an alleged road rage incident between two lorry drivers.
Suffolk police were called just after 5.30pm on Wednesday, December 12 to reports of an altercation between two motorists on the A14 westbound port of Felixstowe Road.
Traffic on the road was at a standstill due to an earlier collision, which had occurred at the Copdock roundabout.
One man was injured during the altercation, he sustained a cut and a swollen jaw.
A 37-year-old from Great Yarmouth was arrested on suspicion of assault and was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was later released pending further inquiries.
There were a number of other vehicles near the fight at the time and Suffolk officers are appealing to any witnesses to come forward, in particular anyone who may have dash cam footage of the incident.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 5 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
Anyone with information is asked to contact the South Neighbourhood Response Team in Martlesham on 101 quoting reference 71875/18.