Man sustains cut and swollen jaw in road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
A man has sustained injuries and another was arrested following an alleged road rage incident between two lorry drivers.
Suffolk police were called just after 5.30pm on Wednesday, December 12 to reports of an altercation between two motorists on the A14 westbound port of Felixstowe Road.
Traffic on the road was at a standstill due to an earlier collision, which had occurred at the Copdock roundabout.
One man was injured during the altercation, he sustained a cut and a swollen jaw.
A 37-year-old from Great Yarmouth was arrested on suspicion of assault and was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
He was later released pending further inquiries.
There were a number of other vehicles near the fight at the time and Suffolk officers are appealing to any witnesses to come forward, in particular anyone who may have dash cam footage of the incident.
- 1 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 2 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 3 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 4 The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- 5 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Couple rescue woman stuck in mud with help from their dog
- 10 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
Anyone with information is asked to contact the South Neighbourhood Response Team in Martlesham on 101 quoting reference 71875/18.