A14 westbound in Wherstead now clear following four-vehicle crash
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A crash between three cars and a lorry caused long delays for rush-hour drivers today.
Police were called to the A14 westbound in Wherstead, near the Orwell Bridge, shortly before 5.10pm.
The slow lane of the carriageway was blocked.
No one was thought to be injured during the crash, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The road was clear by 7.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
The collision involved a Vauxhall Vectra, a Nissan Almera, a MAN lorry and another car.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea