A140: Car bursts in to flames following accident between Mendlesham and Earl Stonham
- Credit: Stephen Huntley
A woman had to be rescued from her car by passers by just before it burst into flames after colliding with a lorry.
The drama unfolded on the A140 between Mendlesham and Earl Stonham at 8.30am.
The woman’s car was in collision with a lorry before veering into a hedge.
It is understood that passing drivers stopped to help the woman, who was initially trapped against the steering wheel in the car.
Following the crash the woman was taken to hospital, where she was treated for shock and burns to her leg.
Fire crews from Eye, Debenham and Stowmarket attended the blaze.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service’s Carl Francis said: “The people who happened upon the incident acted very thoughtfully, very heroically.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 3 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Suffolk DJ 'couldn't believe' call to perform before Diana Ross
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 5 of the highest paid jobs in Suffolk right now
- 8 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich Microshops celebrate 'whirlwind' of a first year
- 10 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
“The lady was obviously shocked. The fire had started at the time of impact. They have undoubtedly saved an incident that could have been very much worse.”
Did you save the woman? Or would you like to pay tribute to the rescuers? Contact the newsroom at email@example.com.