Accident near notorious roundabout
MOTORISTS leaving Felixstowe faced traffic chaos today after a car pulling a trailer overturned on the approach to the notorious dock spur roundabout.A four-wheel drive blue-coloured B-reg Range Rover went over on the A14 Port of Felixstowe Road westbound carriageway, blocking both lanes.
MOTORISTS leaving Felixstowe faced traffic chaos today after a car pulling a trailer overturned on the approach to the notorious dock spur roundabout.
A four-wheel drive blue-coloured B-reg Range Rover went over on the A14 Port of Felixstowe Road westbound carriageway, blocking both lanes.
It was towing a trailer which had a Landrover on it and which was left on its roof after the accident at about 10.15am.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene on the dual carriageway between the port and the dock spur junction.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said it was understood there were no serious injuries. The two vehicles and the trailer had blocked the road, causing some delays.
Recovery vehicles had been called and the disruption was not expected to last long and the vehicles were being cleared as quickly as possible.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
Campaigners have been fighting for more safety work around the dock spur roundabout in the light of continuing problems with lorries and cars.
The main problem has been the number of lorries which have rolled over, but the majority of the accidents take place at the Walton by-pass entrance and involve drivers going into the back of each other.
The stretch of approach road where today's accident happened has a dedicated turn left lane for Ipswich-bound traffic and there has been concern about vehicle's speed as they reach the junction.