Accident near notorious roundabout
MOTORISTS leaving Felixstowe faced traffic chaos today after a car pulling a trailer overturned on the approach to the notorious dock spur roundabout.A four-wheel drive blue-coloured B-reg Range Rover went over on the A14 Port of Felixstowe Road westbound carriageway, blocking both lanes.
MOTORISTS leaving Felixstowe faced traffic chaos today after a car pulling a trailer overturned on the approach to the notorious dock spur roundabout.
A four-wheel drive blue-coloured B-reg Range Rover went over on the A14 Port of Felixstowe Road westbound carriageway, blocking both lanes.
It was towing a trailer which had a Landrover on it and which was left on its roof after the accident at about 10.15am.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene on the dual carriageway between the port and the dock spur junction.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said it was understood there were no serious injuries. The two vehicles and the trailer had blocked the road, causing some delays.
Recovery vehicles had been called and the disruption was not expected to last long and the vehicles were being cleared as quickly as possible.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
Campaigners have been fighting for more safety work around the dock spur roundabout in the light of continuing problems with lorries and cars.
The main problem has been the number of lorries which have rolled over, but the majority of the accidents take place at the Walton by-pass entrance and involve drivers going into the back of each other.
The stretch of approach road where today's accident happened has a dedicated turn left lane for Ipswich-bound traffic and there has been concern about vehicle's speed as they reach the junction.