Accident victims taken to hospital
TWO pensioners were taken to hospital following a two-vehicle accident in Kesgrave.The accident happened at the junction of Bell Lane and Foxhall Road at about 4.
TWO pensioners were taken to hospital following a two-vehicle accident in Kesgrave.
The accident happened at the junction of Bell Lane and Foxhall Road at about 4.30pm yesterday.
A red Austin Metro car was travelling along Foxhall Road, towards Ipswich, when it was in collision with a grey Honda Concerto.
The 88-year-old male driver of the Metro, who is from Kesgrave, was taken to Ipswich Hospital with suspected chest injuries. His condition was not thought to be life threatening but he was kept in hospital overnight.
You may also want to watch:
The 75-year-old female passenger of the Honda, who is from Ipswich, was also taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance. Her injuries are not thought to be serious.
Two ambulances, a Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (Sars) doctor, three police units from Woodbridge and a traffic unit were all in attendance.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 New special school planned for former BT site
- 5 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 6 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 7 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 8 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
n A man was today taken to hospital with serious injuries following a two-vehicle road accident on the A12 between Southwold and Lowestoft.
The accident happened at about 5.30am in High Street (A12), Wrentham, near to the junction of the B1127.
Firefighters from Wrentham, Southwold and Lowestoft had to cut free a man who was trapped in his vehicle.
He was taken to the James Paget Hospital by ambulance where he condition was described as serious.
Another person was also taken to hospital by ambulance.
The A12 was blocked for several hours while police accident investigators and forensic staff examined the scene.