Action plan for Woodbridge redevelopment
HELP is needed in drawing up an action plan for the development of Woodbridge riverside.Riverside Project Manager Martin Whitaker is calling on individuals and organisations with an interest in the area to help him draw up the action plan.
HELP is needed in drawing up an action plan for the development of Woodbridge riverside.
Riverside Project Manager Martin Whitaker is calling on individuals and organisations with an interest in the area to help him draw up the action plan.
Alongside the action plan, the council is also preparing a planning brief for the area around the former Whisstock's boatyard and Nunn's Mill sites.
This document will then be adopted to give planning guidance on future development applications in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr John Perry, cabinet member for economic development, said: "The riverside is a very important area for Woodbridge and Melton.
"There has been a great deal of interest locally in the future of this area and we are determined that very wide consultation should take place as the planning brief and action plan are developed."
- 1 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 2 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 3 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 8 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 9 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 10 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
Mr Whitaker will be visiting local businesses and meeting with local organisations, residents and visitors in September as part of his research for the action plan.
Cllr Cliff Cocker said: "This will be an important document that will be owned by the local community and will provide a vital action plan for the next few years.
"The views of interested parties will be combined into an exhibition and public consultation that will take place in the autumn.
"The district council will then be asked to endorse the finalised action plan in December."
Anyone who would like to make their views known can contact Martin Whitaker on 01394 382519, by e-mail at mh.Whitaker@virgin.net or by post to Suffolk Coastal's Melton Hill offices.