Action plan for Woodbridge redevelopment
HELP is needed in drawing up an action plan for the development of Woodbridge riverside.Riverside Project Manager Martin Whitaker is calling on individuals and organisations with an interest in the area to help him draw up the action plan.
HELP is needed in drawing up an action plan for the development of Woodbridge riverside.
Riverside Project Manager Martin Whitaker is calling on individuals and organisations with an interest in the area to help him draw up the action plan.
Alongside the action plan, the council is also preparing a planning brief for the area around the former Whisstock's boatyard and Nunn's Mill sites.
This document will then be adopted to give planning guidance on future development applications in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr John Perry, cabinet member for economic development, said: "The riverside is a very important area for Woodbridge and Melton.
"There has been a great deal of interest locally in the future of this area and we are determined that very wide consultation should take place as the planning brief and action plan are developed."
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Mr Whitaker will be visiting local businesses and meeting with local organisations, residents and visitors in September as part of his research for the action plan.
Cllr Cliff Cocker said: "This will be an important document that will be owned by the local community and will provide a vital action plan for the next few years.
"The views of interested parties will be combined into an exhibition and public consultation that will take place in the autumn.
"The district council will then be asked to endorse the finalised action plan in December."
Anyone who would like to make their views known can contact Martin Whitaker on 01394 382519, by e-mail at mh.Whitaker@virgin.net or by post to Suffolk Coastal's Melton Hill offices.