Adventure course proposal for Ipswich
A HIGH ropes adventure course could be built on the outskirts of Ipswich, The Evening Star can reveal today.The Suffolk Ski Centre, on Bourne Hill, Wherstead is looking to create an activity centre including a climbing wall, zipline and high ropes.
A HIGH ropes adventure course could be built on the outskirts of Ipswich, The Evening Star can reveal today.
The Suffolk Ski Centre, on Bourne Hill, Wherstead is looking to create an activity centre including a climbing wall, zipline and high ropes.
Staff at the ski-centre were tight-lipped about the plans today and said they would not comment until the scheme had got the go-ahead.
However, the company is already advertising the new facility on its website and has submitted a request for planning permission to Babergh District Council.
It is unclear whether the scheme, labelled the Whyknot Adventure, has been motivated by plans to build the SnOasis complex in Great Blakenham.
The £320million winter sports centre could get the go-ahead next month and will include a 500m long piste, a nine-hole golf course, 18 restaurants, a nightclub, an eight screen cinema casino, 350 self-catering lodges and a four-star 350 bed hotel.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
Wherstead has a 180m dry ski-slope, a junior slope and a restaurant.
Babergh council is due to make a decision on the plans by April 17 and residents in Bourne Hill and Bourne Terrace have been notified of the plans.
The highways authority, EDF Energy, Wherstead Parish Council and The Archaeological Service are all being consulted on the plans.
N What do you think of the proposal? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com