Ahmed Tarabi charged with attempted murder after stabbing in Prospect Street, Ipswich, left victim fighting for his life
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an alleged stabbing in Ipswich.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 10.40pm on Friday reporting that a man had been stabbed in Prospect Street, off Bramford Road.
The victim – a man in his 40s – suffered injuries described as “life threatening”. Yesterday he was fighting for his life in hospital, though his condition is since said to have stabilised.
A short time after officers were called to the area a 29-year-old man of no fixed address was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Ahmed Tarabi has since been charged with attempted murder. He has been remanded in custody and will appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich tomorrow.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference CAD 464 of 16 September, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich