Aladdin bids a fond farewell
YOUNG actress Suzanne Lowe has handed over her lamp and said a fond farewell to the cast of Aladdin at Felixstowe.For 18-year-old Suzanne has had to give up the lead role in the seaside show because she has won her first part in a professional panto – coincidentally another production of Aladdin, in the Midlands.
YOUNG actress Suzanne Lowe has handed over her lamp and said a fond farewell to the cast of Aladdin at Felixstowe.
For 18-year-old Suzanne has had to give up the lead role in the seaside show because she has won her first part in a professional panto – coincidentally another production of Aladdin, in the Midlands.
Leaving the Felixstowe show, which is being staged by her late father's theatre company, was a great wrench as it will be the first time in 17 years that she has not appeared in the Spa Pavilion's Christmas panto.
Her place is being taken by Lisa Combes, who is now eagerly looking forward to opening night on Saturday .
You may also want to watch:
"It was a great wrench for Suzanne to say goodbye because she has grown up with the cast – it was very emotional and there were a lot of tears," said her mum, Sylvia Lowe, who is directing the panto.
"Everyone wished her well – we are all thrilled for her, though of course we will miss her dreadfully.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 4 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Rick Wakeman joins Ipswich Hospital Band as Patron
"She has done a lot of the choreography for our show and the great shame is that she will not get to see the show at all."
Suzanne is the Princess in Stoke-on-Trent's panto Aladdin, which opened this week and which stars the Chuckle Brothers.
She has now left theatre school and is planning a career in stage, film and TV and is hoping that the panto will be the first of her professional working life.
"She has worked very hard and been very dedicated over all these years and it is wonderful to see her doing so well. She really enjoys the theatre and her dad would be proud of her," said Mrs Lowe.
Suzanne has appeared on stage in productions of the Dennis Lowe Theatre Company since she was a one year old baby. She progressed through the babes and juveniles to lead roles.
She has also appeared in the West End in Oliver, been a backing dancer for former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, and made a number of film appearances.
Aladdin at the Spa opens on December 21 and runs until January 11.