Ipswich care home to hold open day
- Credit: Archant
A care home in Ipswich will aim to challenge people’s perceptions of nursing care for the elderly at an open day.
Alice Grange Care Home in Ipswich, which is run by Barchester Healthcare, will hold the free event on Saturday, April 6 between noon and 5pm.
Visitors, residents and staff will enjoy live entertainment, fresh baked treats and refreshments.
Kristy Smith, general manager at the home, said: “We hope that by opening up Alice Grange to the community for a fun day of hospitality and activities, we will strengthen community links and people will begin to question any perceptions they may have had of care homes.
“We are sure that everyone will be keen to get involved with other events we organise throughout the year.”
You may also want to watch:
People will also be able to ask questions of staff at the home, which provides residential care, nursing care and dementia care from respite care to long term stays.
For more information, visit www.barchester.com or call 01206 855390.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 3 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 4 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 5 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 6 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 7 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 9 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 10 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show