Alleged teen rape victim gets specialist help
A TEENAGER who was allegedly raped is getting top quality help from a specialist police squad to help her recover from her terrifying ordeal.
FELIXSTOWE: A teenager who was allegedly raped is getting top quality help from a specialist police squad to help her recover from her terrifying ordeal.
The 16-year-old Felixstowe girl has been linked up with an officer from a highly-trained team dedicated to dealing with rape and sexual assault.
The Operation Gemini officer will give the girl all the help she needs over the next few months - including arranging counselling and care depending on her needs - and will stay close by right up to and through the court case ahead.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: “The officers involved with Operation Gemini are specially trained to deal with victims of rape and other sexual offences.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim has an officer allocated to look after her through the whole process providing all the advice and help needed.”
Since last year, Suffolk police have introduced six dedicated rape investigators, based in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Police previously said the girl was allegedly raped in the early hours of New Year's Day at a house in Holland Road.
Four men have been arrested and charged with rape - Aivaras Urbonas, 24, of Beach Road West, Felixstowe, Mickevicius Mindaugas, 30, of Holland Road, Felixstowe, Edgaras Sliburis, 19, of Peterhead in Scotland and Kestutis Jaraminas, 21, of Maiden Street, Peterhead, were all remanded in custody.
None of the four entered a plea and will next appear at a preliminary hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on January 14.
Two other men who were arrested, aged 20 and 22, have been bailed to return to Ipswich Police Station.
Police are also trying to trace a man who found the girl near Bent Hill and led her to a police officer. The man - or anyone who knows who he is - should get in touch with police by calling 01473 613500.