An Officer and a Gentleman performance cancelled after actor suffers fall during show
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Tonight’s performance of An Officer and a Gentleman at the Regent Theatre in Ipswich was cancelled after a cast member suffered a fall during the show.
The cast member reportedly suffered the injury during the first half an hour of the performance and was rushed to hospital with a possible dislocated ankle.
As they were a key member of the cast, the producers of the musical decided the show could not go on.
A spokesman for the Regent Theatre said: “We apologise for the inconvenience to customers but we all wish the injured cast member a speedy recovery. “Any customers can either get a full refund or a ticket for later in the week.”
Extra staff are being brought in at the box office tomorrow to help process refunds and ticket alterations.
The theatre later tweeted that no other performances have been affected.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store