Andrea due back after sick leave
SUFFOLK: Chief executive Andrea Hill is due back at her desk on Monday after three weeks away with illness and holidays.
Mrs Hill missed the last full meeting of the county council on March 25 and is understood to have suffered from a nasty infection.
She was off for two weeks until Easter – and had booked the current week as part of her annual leave several months ago.
A spokeswoman for the county council said they were expecting her back at her desk on Monday.
During her absence, day-to-day work at the council had been handled by other senior directors. A council insider said the chief had been doing some work from her sick bed and had been in regular touch with senior councillors and officials while she was away.
Members of the council sent her a “get well soon” message after their meeting at the end of last month.
Her absence had prompted some concern because it came after other staff at the authority had suffered from long-term illnesses.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 3 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 4 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 5 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 6 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 7 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 8 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 9 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 10 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
The head of communications at Endeavour House, Caryl Jackson, has been away from work since Christmas when she suffered ill health.
And a senior member of the communications team has been off sick since last August.
n Do you want to sent a get well soon message to Andrea Hill? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com