Anglers aim to boost charity
KEEN anglers are being sought for a charity fishing match.CLIC Sargent, the UK's leading children's cancer charity, is looking for local fishing enthusiasts to take part in a fishing match, at 10am on Monday 5th May, at Suffolk Water Park near Ipswich.
KEEN anglers are being sought for a charity fishing match.
CLIC Sargent, the UK's leading children's cancer charity, is looking for local fishing enthusiasts to take part in a fishing match, at 10am on Monday 5th May, at Suffolk Water Park near Ipswich.
The competition is open to anyone over 16 and aims to attract 100 anglers and raise around £5000 for local children with cancer.
The all-day event will conclude with competition weigh-ins and prizes at around 5pm and cash prizes of £150, £100 and £50 are up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Palmer, CLIC Sargent Events Fundraising Manager for East Anglia, said:
“This is a stunning location attracting fisherman from all over the country and we are really excited about the event.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
It's a great opportunity for people to fish the well stocked Suffolk Water Park Lakes for a great cause and as places are limited we urge people to register with us as soon as possible.”
Registration is £20 and all participants need to do is raise a further £30 or more each in sponsorship. CLIC Sargent T-shirts are available for those who raise over £100 anyone who raises more than £150 will bag a free CLIC Sargent fleece.
All money raised by the competition will go directly to CLIC Sargent to help the charity continue its vital work of providing social workers, specialist nurses and play workers to children with cancer. The charity is currently supporting 44 families in the Suffolk area alone.
For more information, or to order an entry pack, contact Claire Palmer on 01284 829090 or email email@example.com. More information about the event is available at www.clicsargent.org.uk under the heading In Your Region.
The cut off point for registration is May 1.