Anglers aim to boost charity
KEEN anglers are being sought for a charity fishing match.CLIC Sargent, the UK's leading children's cancer charity, is looking for local fishing enthusiasts to take part in a fishing match, at 10am on Monday 5th May, at Suffolk Water Park near Ipswich.
KEEN anglers are being sought for a charity fishing match.
CLIC Sargent, the UK's leading children's cancer charity, is looking for local fishing enthusiasts to take part in a fishing match, at 10am on Monday 5th May, at Suffolk Water Park near Ipswich.
The competition is open to anyone over 16 and aims to attract 100 anglers and raise around £5000 for local children with cancer.
The all-day event will conclude with competition weigh-ins and prizes at around 5pm and cash prizes of £150, £100 and £50 are up for grabs.
Claire Palmer, CLIC Sargent Events Fundraising Manager for East Anglia, said:
“This is a stunning location attracting fisherman from all over the country and we are really excited about the event.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 8 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 9 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
It's a great opportunity for people to fish the well stocked Suffolk Water Park Lakes for a great cause and as places are limited we urge people to register with us as soon as possible.”
Registration is £20 and all participants need to do is raise a further £30 or more each in sponsorship. CLIC Sargent T-shirts are available for those who raise over £100 anyone who raises more than £150 will bag a free CLIC Sargent fleece.
All money raised by the competition will go directly to CLIC Sargent to help the charity continue its vital work of providing social workers, specialist nurses and play workers to children with cancer. The charity is currently supporting 44 families in the Suffolk area alone.
For more information, or to order an entry pack, contact Claire Palmer on 01284 829090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the event is available at www.clicsargent.org.uk under the heading In Your Region.
The cut off point for registration is May 1.