Anglia Retail Park expansion continues
THE latest thriving part of Ipswich is on track to open in June.Anglia Retail Park is expanding fast on the edge of town, with new Pizza Hut and KFC restaurants both owned by Tricon Global.
By Tracey Sparling
THE latest thriving part of Ipswich is on track to open in June, as these pictures show.
Anglia Retail Park is expanding fast on the western edge of town, with new Pizza Hut and KFC restaurants both owned by Tricon Global.
The KFC will be a drive-through, similar to the one at Cardinal Park.
There will also be a new Carphone Warehouse at the park, off Norwich Road near the A14 interchange.
Another unit has been let to Carpetright, and should be trading by the end of June. The openings will complete the second phase of the retail park, which was opened at the end of 2000 and includes Ipswich's second park-and-ride centre.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 5 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 8 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
The 32-acre park was developed by Simons Estates at a total cost of £48million, on land owned by Ipswich Borough Council.
Money raised by the council helps to subsidise the park-and-ride scheme, and has also been ploughed into community improvements across town.
A spokesman for the planning department said the development was on schedule. He added that the development was not the final news for that part of town, which may see extra employment opportunities at offices or warehouses opening at the back of the retail park in future.