Anglia Retail Park expansion continues
THE latest thriving part of Ipswich is on track to open in June.Anglia Retail Park is expanding fast on the edge of town, with new Pizza Hut and KFC restaurants both owned by Tricon Global.
By Tracey Sparling
THE latest thriving part of Ipswich is on track to open in June, as these pictures show.
Anglia Retail Park is expanding fast on the western edge of town, with new Pizza Hut and KFC restaurants both owned by Tricon Global.
The KFC will be a drive-through, similar to the one at Cardinal Park.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a new Carphone Warehouse at the park, off Norwich Road near the A14 interchange.
Another unit has been let to Carpetright, and should be trading by the end of June. The openings will complete the second phase of the retail park, which was opened at the end of 2000 and includes Ipswich's second park-and-ride centre.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 7 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 10 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
The 32-acre park was developed by Simons Estates at a total cost of £48million, on land owned by Ipswich Borough Council.
Money raised by the council helps to subsidise the park-and-ride scheme, and has also been ploughed into community improvements across town.
A spokesman for the planning department said the development was on schedule. He added that the development was not the final news for that part of town, which may see extra employment opportunities at offices or warehouses opening at the back of the retail park in future.