Another Suffolk post office raided
ANOTHER Suffolk post office has been raided – the second in as many days.The latest incident happened at around 2pm today when an armed gunman entered the Kessingland Post Office, in the High Street.
ANOTHER Suffolk post office has been raided – the second in as many days.
The latest incident happened at around 2pm today when an armed gunman entered the Kessingland Post Office, in the High Street.
The man pushed a customer aside, before pointing the gun at the female cashier and demanding money.
An undisclosed sum of money was taken and the man then left the premises, heading towards Livingstone's pub, just off the A12.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later, a green car was seen speeding off.
Both the customer and the staff member, who have not been named, were left shaken but unhurt.
- 1 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 5 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Extra police patrols to be carried out in Ipswich following stabbing
The man is described as white, in his 40s, of medium build, with a round face. He was wearing a navy blue coloured baseball cap.
He also had dark blue metal-framed sunglasses and a dark blue heavy tartan lumberjack-style shirt.
Today's hold-up follows a raid at Chantry Post Office, in Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich at around 4pm yesterday, although no weapon was used on this occasion.
Anyone with information about the incidents is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.