Another Suffolk post office raided
ANOTHER Suffolk post office has been raided – the second in as many days.The latest incident happened at around 2pm today when an armed gunman entered the Kessingland Post Office, in the High Street.
ANOTHER Suffolk post office has been raided – the second in as many days.
The latest incident happened at around 2pm today when an armed gunman entered the Kessingland Post Office, in the High Street.
The man pushed a customer aside, before pointing the gun at the female cashier and demanding money.
An undisclosed sum of money was taken and the man then left the premises, heading towards Livingstone's pub, just off the A12.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later, a green car was seen speeding off.
Both the customer and the staff member, who have not been named, were left shaken but unhurt.
- 1 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
The man is described as white, in his 40s, of medium build, with a round face. He was wearing a navy blue coloured baseball cap.
He also had dark blue metal-framed sunglasses and a dark blue heavy tartan lumberjack-style shirt.
Today's hold-up follows a raid at Chantry Post Office, in Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich at around 4pm yesterday, although no weapon was used on this occasion.
Anyone with information about the incidents is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.