Appeal for men to get waxed for charity
- Credit: Archant
Mens’ waxing event for Children in Need
Come on men, become a smoothy to help raise money for Children In Need.
Get stripping for a very good cause.
Brave the (fleeting) pain for a sponsored waxing to help raise money to help needy children in this country and abroad.
Emma Tucker and the team at Little Luxuries beauty salon on Penzance Road, Kesgrave came up with the idea of a waxing event for men for this year’s Children in Need appeal. It will take place on Thursday November 14.
Emma Tucker said: “It is proving very popluar. We already have 14 men booked in and they are raising sponsorship.
“My husband Laurence is doing it, along with a couple of his mates from work.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 9 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 10 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
“We’ve had the posters up in the salon and some of our customers have nominated their other halves, I suppose you could say it was sweet revenge! Some of the women want to be present to help with the treatment for their partners.”
“It is not really painful, really.
“Most of the men are going for leg waxing, some for back, chest and abdoment.
“Some are going for the lower leg but we have said they will have to have both legs, not just one.”
Waxing is a type of hair removal that is more usually chosen by women customers at the salon.
This time it will be men facing the treatment.
“We hope to raise a tidy sum for Children In Need with this,” added Emma.
If you want to take part contact the salon for a sponsorship form today, or download a form from bbc.co.uk/pudsey
Telephone 01473 626355.